GREEN. NOT JUST A COLOR – IT’S OUR FUTURE!
Our products are designed to make better environments, inside and out. As members of the USGBC, we continually seek ways to expand our green practices. In 2007, Hollman along with the rest of the industry was spraying lacquer and varnish for all wood products, releasing approved limit of 38,000 pounds of toxins into the air. With our commitment to go “GREEN”, we have invested over 5 million dollars to limit our emissions to less than one-thousand pounds of toxins in the air. The end result consists of a water-based formaldehyde-free product that controls mill thickness and produces a consistent durable finish. Our products are designed to create a better environment inside and out. As a member of the USGBC, Hollman continually seeks ways to expand its green practices. By using FSC® certified urea-formaldehyde free core, and water based finishes – our Green Line delivers resilient cabinets while promoting a healthy and earth-friendly environment. Hollman’s new finishing line technology brings you beautiful, durable formaldehyde-free wood products that are safer for the environment and can help you win LEED points.
GREEN ELEMENTS OF THE GREEN LINE
- NAUF, FSC® MDF* bonded to wood veneer
- Green Line cabinets are built with no added urea-formaldehyde FSC® certified melamine. In addition, all of our standard melamine is CARB compliant and EPP certified
- Synthetic alternative to solid wood or veneer doors
- Laminates and glue are Green Guard certified
- NAUF FSC® particleboard made out of 100% recycled and/or recovered fiber
Engineered Exotic Veneers
- Composite veneers that utilize common wood fiber that is quickly renewable
- UV* water-based sealers and topcoats that are low in VOCs*
- UV lamps consume less energy than traditional drying methods
- Rapidly renewable resource considered a Green product by itself
- When used with our NAUF, FSC® MDF it’s one of the greenest product in the industry
Hollman, Inc…going beyond what’s required to operate in an environmentally responsible way in producing green products.
|CARB- California Air Resource Board||MDF- Medium Density Fiberboard||FSC®- Forest Stewardship Council™||UV- Ultra Violet|
|EPP- Environmentally Preferable Product||NAUF- No Added Urea Formaldehyde||VOCs- Volatile Organic Compounds|